When my friend asked me to explain how rhythm works in poetry I thought I’d have no trouble…until I opened my poetry encyclopedia.
- The New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics
- Looking at rhythm and meter in poetry – Poetry for Dummies
- The Violence of Work – Geoff Goodfellow
- Observation – Dorothy Parker
- Mending Wall – Robert Frost
- Another definition of blank verse
- Heisenberg Saying Goodbye to Mum at Lilyfield – Luke Davies
- Sonnet 18
- Having it Out with Melancholy – Jane Kenyon
And if you’re keen, a little more on those fascinating names for feet and metre.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download